June 24, 2009

Who's Your Momma?!

Being twins, Kim and I confuse people all the time! I think I've been called Kim more than Kelly in my life! We can even pass the phone back and forth while talking to my mom on the phone and she thinks she has talked to the same person the entire conversation! We've tried to trick our husbands on the phone, but all Steve has to do is say some sexy comment and Kim says, "Here's your wife," and hands the phone to me! We have tricked our own kids before, on more than one occasion, I might add!! The most recent was the weekend of the triathlon. Jaxon really wanted to where my medal, so I took it off and let him wear it. When we wanted to take pictures I asked for it back and he looked at me with a strange look and handed the medal to Kim. Kim said, "that's your mom's." Jaxon looked at me with another strange look and leaned in closer to Kim demanding that the medal was hers. The way he was acting I knew he thought Kim was me!

When Miranda was younger, about three, we were sleeping over at Kim's house. Miranda and I were sleeping on a mattress on Kim's family room floor. In the middle of the night Miranda woke up, sat up, looked at me and said, "Kimmy, where's my mom?" I answered, "Sweetie, I am your mom. Kimmy's sleeping in her room down the hall." Miranda just looked at me confused, and laid her head back down and went to sleep!

Reagan, Kim's youngest daughter, was about one when she confused Kim and I. Kim and her kids were sleeping over at my house and Reagan woke up in the middle of the night. Kim didn't hear her, so I went into the room where she was and picked her up out of the pack 'n play. I took her into where Kim was sleeping and went to hand her to Kim and she clung to me and would not let Kim take her. Kim said, "Reagan, I'm your mom." Reagan cried and clung to me. I took her to the rocking chair and rocked her back to sleep!

No comments: