Last week Steve promised the girls a party downstairs. He said he would pull out the couch into a bed and they would watch movies. The girls were looking forward to it and Saturday they told him what movie they wanted to watch. When he heard what movie it was they wanted to watch he came to me and asked if I wanted to make it an all girl party because they wanted to watch Momma Mia! Steve and I saw the movie together and like most men he thought it was cheesy. I loved it and bought it! The girls had not seen it yet, but they know the ABBA songs and dance and sing them around the house. ABBA reminds me of growing up because my mom and dad have all their single tracks, records, cassettes, and CD's! When Steve and I saw the movie together and the song "Slipping Through My Fingers" came on tears just started streaming down my face. I had already cried through the song, so I figured I was good watching it with the kids. When that song came on Miranda happened to look over at me and she saw tears streaming down my face and exclaimed, "What the heck, Mom!" They are just growing too fast "slipping through my fingers all the time". Just like the song says, "I try to capture every minute, but she (they) keeps on growing slipping through my fingers all the time." If I get teary now when they are little what am I going to do when they get married?!
1 day ago
1 comment:
I love that movie too! I watched it twice in two days just after I bought the DVD.
Post a Comment