December 15, 2008

Erin's Birthday Party


Turning four must be a big hurdle for kids because Erin has been talking about turning four for the longest time.  She even has said, "When I'm four I'll be big."  I think she thought that overnight she would grow a lot and all of a sudden be a big person when she turned four!  She has been more excited to turn four than for Christmas.  Whenever anyone says anything about Christmas Erin says, "I'm turning four at Christmas."  Since she has been so excited we, of course, had to do a big party.  Some of the things we did were to play "Don't Eat Pete!", opening present game (a small present wrapped in a bigger box, then in a bigger box, etc., etc. and the kids have to roll a certain number on the die and if they do they put on oven mitts and try to open the present until some one else rolls the certain number on the die), and painted ornaments.  The kids all decorated their own mini stocking cakes made from twinkies and frosting.  They were really cute, but to me it sounded disgusting to eat!!   

No comments: