April 15, 2009

Spring Break-What Spring Break?

Steve is wondering what he got himself into!  There's no turning back now!!


That's what Steve asked, "What Spring Break?"  Instead of taking a break we painted our kitchen cabinets.  We were waiting until the summer to paint the cabinets, but it seems like all the projects get saved until the summer and then there is not enough time in the summer to do everything.  We figured we were not going anywhere over spring break and we did not have any plans, so why not paint?!  We have a lot of kitchen cabinets and they were fairly dark, so it made the kitchen dark and our house was built in 1977 and it was obvious nothing had been done to the cabinets since then!  It was fun to be able to work together and I love how the kitchen is so much brighter now.  It is more open too because we took out the cabinets above the bar.  I still want to antique the cabinets and put hardware on, but at least they are painted now!  When I went to Home Depot I did not realize how many antiquing glazes there are, so I need to do some research before I start antiquing the cabinets.  If you have used an antiquing glaze please give me some advice.  As I have been adding pictures to this post I realized I do not have any pictures of the final product!  I will have to take a picture and post some before and after shots.  It looks like a whole new kitchen now!  We actually got done ahead of schedule and so Steve was very excited to go to Park City to the Nike outlet and use a gift card he got at Christmas.  My neighbor laughed when I told her that we were ahead of schedule so we were headed for Nike outlet and she said, "Yeah, when contractors get finished with a project early they get bonuses.  Steve's bonus is Nike outlet!"  


Jaxon LOVES tools!



Miranda loved sanding, although, we freaked out when she started sanding our dining room chairs!!

2 comments:

Cade said...

We also painted for Spring Break. It helps me stay awake during conference when I can work on something. But Sunday session it was snooze city!!! The cabinets look great.

NY Mom said...

Miranda can come to our house and help me sand any time!