April 15, 2009

At the Treehouse!

Peekaboo, Jonah!








I did take a day to spend at my sister's with the kids over spring break.  The painting was pretty much done anyway!   My sister and I took the kids to the treehouse museum.  They love going to the treehouse museum.  On Thursdays they do "Theatre Thursdays".  It is a partici-play where kids from the audience are chosen to be different parts in the play.  When they announced that they were starting a partici-play for anyone interested Miranda did not want to go because she was working on an art project in the "Art Garden".  She was upset that I made her leave the art garden because everyone else wanted to go to the play.  She angrily grabbed her unfinished project and said, "I don't even like plays anyway."  She changed her mind when she was chosen to play the part of the mother owl in the play and afterwards asked, "Can we come to Theatre Thursday every Thursday?"  Elena was upset because she was not chosen for a part and when they announced that they had only one part left and she was not chosen she buried her head in my shoulder sobbing.  Miranda was picked for a part and she was wearing bright pink and their cousin, Rees, was picked for a part and he was wearing bright red.  Elena was wearing white.  Next time I'll have to dress her in a bright color!  Afterward, she told me, "I've just never been able to be on a stage before!"  She recently started a singing group and one day told me she did not want to do singing anymore.  When I asked her why she said, "I thought we would be on a stage."  I'm not sure what it is about stages!  

Miranda and Rees playing their parts as "Mother Owl" and "Iguana"
On the fire truck!

Future Doctor!!

My kids always go right for the babies at Treehouse!



1 comment:

Michelle Stott said...

Looks like you guys have been doing a lot. I love the new cabinet look. Wow that is ambitious to do over Steve's spring break. It must have been longer than my 3 day break. Your family is so adorable and I love the updates since we don't see each other near enough.