1 day ago
March 28, 2009
Shoes!
I guess J.J. is trying to tell me that he really does NOT like his shoes! Even though they are darling Nike shoes! Okay, so maybe he doesn't like them because I use the word "darling". I guess "darling" is not a little boy word! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was at Macey's shopping their case lot sale. My cart was overflowing with cases and I was very excited to finally get through the whole check out process. I managed to get the kids and my cart of cases to the car without anything tumbling out of the cart on the way. I got the kids and the groceries loaded up and off we went. When we got home one of J.J.'s shoes was missing, but I did not think a thing of it because he ALWAYS kicks off one shoe (always the same shoe too!). I looked around the van and could not find it. I thought, "Wow, he really kicked it far," as I searched the entire van. I could not find it, so I thought that maybe somehow he took it off in the craziness of trying to checkout at the grocery store and I just did not notice. I called Macey's and they said that there had not been a shoe turned in. That night Steve and I were going out to dinner, so I asked him to drive by where I parked to see if his shoe was in the parking lot. I had parked next to the sidewalk and as we came to where I had parked, sure enough there was the shoe! Someone was nice enough to set it up on the sidewalk, near the end, so that it was visible and would not get run over! Probably some mom whose had her children kick off their shoes in parking lots also! The other day we went to story time at The Purple Cow bookstore and when we were leaving I saw that J.J. did not have his shoes on! I looked in the story time area and they were not there. I finally found them on a shelf with the books. He wanted to sell his shoes with the books! It is challenging to keep shoes on that kid!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That can be so frustrating! I'm glad you found them.
Mallory constantly takes her shoes off too, so I feel your pain.
Post a Comment