July 9, 2009

Runners!



It's a tradition for Steve to run the 4th of July 5K in Grantsville. This year Miranda and Elena wanted to run the kids one mile race. Erin cried because she wanted to run too, but Steve told she could when she is five. Only one more year! I ran the mile with the kids. When they took off I had to sprint to catch up to Elena! I told her she needed to slow down. I was worried that she did not know exactly how long a mile is and that she would get too tired to keep running. She did not slow down. I told her again that she needed to slow down and she said, "I don't have to." I told her to go ahead then. By then Miranda had slowed down, so I stayed with Miranda. Elena sprinted the entire one mile! At the end she said she loved it and wanted to keep running! She was definitely in her element! She was excited to win first place in her age group and receive a medal! Miranda finished strong too and said she had fun doing it too!

Steve moved up an age division this year (the old man!). He finished 1st in his age group and sixth overall. He was pleasantly surprised at how fast he ran! He had a PR! Way to go!!

2 comments:

Michelle Stott said...

How cute! That looks fun. Your children are going to be runners huh!

Suzy said...

Congratulations to your girls for running so well! That is impressive, but no surprise considering how quick you and Steve are.