May 26, 2009

Field Trip Frenzy




This month has been crazy with field trips!  It started with a field trip to Macey's with Erin's preschool co-op group.  Macey's did an excellent job!  The kids got filled up with treats which, of course, they loved!  Besides all the treats they received throughout the field trip, at the end they received balloons, bubbles, a coupon for ice cream, crayons, and stickers.  Now that the kids have had a behind-the-scenes tour,  grocery shopping is a whole new adventure!
The kids loved the size of this beater!!

Thanks to Lacey for watching my younger kids, I was able to go with Miranda on her second grade field trip to Discovery Gateway.  Of course, she had lots of fun with her friends while she was there and she was very excited that I could be there.  Thanks, Lace!  

A few weeks later I made another trip to the Discovery Gateway for a field trip.  This time with Erin's preschool co-op.  Elena and J.J. got to come too.  Luckily, Miranda had already been there on a field trip and also it was pajama day at school that day or else I would have had a battle on my hands getting Miranda to go to school!  I forgot the camera this trip and was sad because it was not crowded at all for this field trip and there were plenty of photo ops!  Oh, well, we will make it back there again!  We planned to have a picnic and let the kids run through the fountains at Gateway after the field trip, but the fountains were closed for maintenance until May 22nd (we went May 21st).  What luck!!  

After Elena heard me making arrangements to attend Miranda's field trip she said, "I have a field trip too."  Luckily, I was able to bring Erin and Jaxon with me.  Elena had fun with her kindergarten friends at the zoo.  

Elena loves her teacher, Ms. Pietrzak!  Here they are after going down the snake slide together!

No comments: