January 31, 2009

Zoo & Library Fun


What a gorgeous day it was today! Steve was putting in a gas line in our basement and the gas had to be shut off for most of the day, so he told me to go to my sisters because it would get really cold. My sister was not going to be home, so we went to the zoo. It was not cold; it was gorgeous! It is fun to go to the zoo on a beautiful, winter day. We stayed at the zoo for three hours, playing at the park, riding the carousel and taking our time looking at the animals. The kids were pretty tired when we left, but we stopped at the downtown library on our way home. I love that library! It has an awesome children's section on the bottom floor. I used to take Miranda and Elena there once a week, but after four kids and daycare kids too I don't get there very often anymore. I figured after a full day at the zoo we would just stay for half an hour at the library, but the kids did not want to leave! Luckily the library closes at 6:00 on Saturdays because they did not have a choice when 6:00 came they had to leave!

No comments: